All citizens of Nigeria either by birth, descent, adoption, registration or naturalization are eligible for a Nigerian passport, provided they satisfy all conditions prescribed by law.
What You Need
- National identification number (NIN)
- Passport photograph (that meets ICAO standards)
- Birth certificate
- Local government certificate of indigeneship
How to apply
- Visit https://passport.immigration.gov.ng/ to access the application portal
- Enter your national identification number (NIN) to auto-fill your data from NIMC
- Complete other data fields as required
- Upload your passport photograph and other supporting documents
- Visit the immigration office for biometric capture (applicants outside Nigeria are to visit the mission in their Processing Country for biometric capture)
Note that upon completing the process your passport will be ready within two weeks and you will receive a passport pick-up notification (via SMS).
The cost of a 32-page passport with 5 years of validity is N25,000.00 or $130, while a 64-page passport with 10 years of validity is N70,000.00 or $230, payable online at https://passport.immigration.gov.ng/
If you witness any form of corruption or poor service delivery, contact the NIS Servicom Unit on 08021819988, 09121900655, 09121556359, 09121477092 or via email@example.com
You can also contact us to provide you with guidance and engage relevant authorities to help resolve the issue(s).