If you are 18 years and above and have completed driving school as a competent driver, you can apply for a driver’s licence for the first time.
What you need
- Certificate of completion of a driving school.
How to apply
- Complete the driver’s licence application form online
- Visit Vehicle Inspection Officers (VIO) for a driving test.
- Pay the licence fee online or at the Bank.
- Confirm payment at the State Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) Office.
- Proceed to the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) Officer at the Drivers License Center (DLC) for biometric data capture.
- Visit your DLC/VIO/Motor Licensing Authority (MLA) and present your application form or temporary card to pick up your original licence card.
The cost of a new driver’s licence for ‘Class A’ is N5,000.00 for 3 years and N8,400.00 for 5 years, while for other classes are N10,000.00 for 3 years and N15,000.00 for 5 years. Payment for the new licence can either be made online on the application Portal or at any of the participating banks.
You can also contact us to provide you with guidance and engage relevant authorities to help resolve the issue(s).