If you have been defrauded, witnessed any act of corruption or have tips, you can write a petition/complaint to an anti-corruption agency in Nigeria – the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), and the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC).
Follow these simple steps:
- Address your petition/complaint to the Chairman of the anti-corruption agency (EFCC or ICPC)
- Add an appropriate title (heading) to the petition/complaint.
- Give factual details of the event as the body of your complaint – stating what, when, where, who and how including addresses, phone numbers, emails and other relevant information that may assist the anti-corruption agency in locating the entity, person or persons against whom the complaint is made.
- Attach all relevant evidence, e.g. receipts, photos, documents, numbers, etc
- Write your name and the date, and append your signature at the bottom of the petition.
- Submit your petition physically at the anti-corruption agency office near you, through post or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Do NOT submit malicious petitions just because you do not like somebody or because you have “a feeling” they are corrupt.